Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Yom Shabbat...yom avodah?

I almost never do homework on Shabbat. It's a rule of mine.

However, I had the realization yesterday that if I didn't do something today, I would be paying for it all week. So I did all of my Bible work and wrote about 2 pages of my history paper thats due on Tuesday. I even had time for my favorite part of Shabbat, the Shabbas nap.

I didn't really like doing work today and it certainly didn't make Shabbat as restful and enjoyable as I usually like it to be. But I'm in a much better place with my work than i was yesterday, therefore ensuring a much happier and better week.

Motzei Shabbat, Rena and I went out to Burgers Bar, one of my favorite places here and I had a grilled chicken salad that will go down in history as, well, a fabulous dinner.

These next couple weeks are going to be tough academically-
Dec 12. History Paper
Dec 18. Chazal Paper
Dec 25- (Dave gets here!)
Dec 26- Bible Exam (Mom and Dad get here!)
Dec 27- Liturgy Exam
Dec 28- Biblical Grammar Exam
Dec 29 Israel Seminar Paper

Just keep swimming...happy weekends to all! Love to everyone reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home