Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Thank you tax-paying Americans

Do you ever wonder what your tax dollars are doing over here in Israel? Well I'll tell you.

Condoleezza Rice, the US National Security Advisor is staying at the David Citadel Hotel, next door to HUC. One of the nicest hotels in the city. Also, coincidentally, where I am a gym member.

Due to Condi's visit, one of the mere three elliptical machines was removed from the gym and put into her suite for her personal, round-the-clock use.

The gym is also randomly closed down when she is interested in doing some weights.

For this service, the hotel is charging her AKA the US government AKA the taxpayers of America...drumroll please...

$100/hour.

Grand total for two day stay in Jerusalem: $5000.

In other news, I had to wait an hour to get on an ellipitcal machine. Hope Condi had as good of a workout as I did today...

3 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol - that is crazy! hope you had a good monday!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Well, she is the Secretary of State which is a very important job. One of the most important jobs in the world, I must add. When you become the Secretary of State you too will get such perks.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Robbie said...

Hi,

You don't know me, but I like reading your stuff, and I added you to my blog roll. (I thought it would be a bit creepy to find out one day that some guy just added a link to you, so I figured the polite thing to do is tell you.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home