Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

LAST DAY OF CLASSES

Yes folks, its true. Today was my last day of classes as a first-semester Rabbinical student. I celebrated by having a couple drinks with some friends and getting my hair cut. I went to Dave's Salon in Baka and had my hair cut by Dave himself, a native born Bostonian who after 21 years still has the accent. He did a great job, second only to Margaret, my favorite stylist in the states.
I'm very happy with the results and will go back there if I decide to cut my hair before leaving Israel.

Tonight I'll be celebrating my friend David Segal's 25th birthday and hopefully getting a very good night's sleep.

Tomorrow will be a hard core study day of biblical grammar and bible before hosting Shabbat dinner for the L Word crowd.

Sunday morning (1:15am!) Dave comes and I'll also be taking my Rabbinic Literature and Grammar exams. Hopefully I'll also be having an interview for a teaching job in New York.

So in my last post I introduced everyone to Rena's new puppy- his name is Asher Garbayim (socks in Hebrew- because his paws are white like he's wearing socks!). He's 8 weeks old and amazingly cute and cudly. Yesterday while playing on my bed hge decided to adopt my dog stuffed animal- here's the two of them sleeping together. Adorable!




It's been a long semester- but it's not over quite yet...here's to the final FINAL push. Love to everyone reading...happy winter break!

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That puppy is the cutest!!! MISS YOU!

-Lauren

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kar - that picture is sooo cute!!! Good Luck with finals - you will be great!!! Miss you - talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home