Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Update: Family's Visit

"If you ever have a free moment, you might consider checking out the travel brochures for the town in which you live. You might be amazed." -Shampoo Planet

So my family was here. Check out the pics: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaNWTlq2bOXZw

I did actually read the guidebooks on Jerusalem and together with my Mom, Dad and brother did almost everything in them- it's a weird feeling when you realize you've never done most of the things that the guidebooks suggest-

We did (as suggested by the books):
*The Old City including Rosh Chodesh with N'Shei Ba'Kotel (Women of the Wall) and shopping in the Cardo
*Lunch at the American Colony Hotel
*The Israel Museum
*Yad VaShem
*Old Jaffa and Tel Aviv
*The Italian Synagogue and Museum
*Yemin Moshe
*Dinner at Yoja, Olive, Pizza Panini, Burgers Bar
*Beit Ticho
*Kanyon Malkha and a movie!
*Ben Yehudah Street and Emek Refaim

It was a packed, amazing ten days- I'm so excited that my family finally got to see my life here- what I do, where I go to school, where I shop, my apartment, my friends, my life.

I was sad to see them go- especially because the next time I see them so much will have changed- David will be a college graduate, I'll have finished my year in Israel (and 20% of Rabbinical school!) and will be moving again- to camp for the summer (G-dwilling) and to NY in the Fall.

Time to return to break now- Love to all reading-

Keep praying for Prime Minister Sharon and the people here. We need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home