Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Monday, January 30, 2006

RENT in ISRAEL


On Thursday night a bunch of us went to see RENT at Rav Chen in Talpiyot. Most of the people sitting in the theatre were Americans, who, like us, could recite the entire show by heart. (and how they could get a RENT poster in Hebrew!)

I thought it was fabulous. There were some things missing- like entire songs...and pieces of the plot that they wrote around...but all in all, I loved it. I had heard that Rosario Dawson wasn't great, but I thought she was so Mimi- especially at the end (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it!), she really touched me. This is definitely one for the Wish List.

I also finished Rashi's Daughters: Book One Joheved. Such a good read, especially if you're into historical fiction/modern midrash OR if you study Rashi and want an inside peek into what his life could have been like. The author says in her acknowledgments that she has a 250-source bibliography that she complied while writing the book available for people who want to see where she got the historical facts. I don't think I'll be double-checking her sources, I think I have enough of my own work to do.

Off to marathon Monday...check this out
8:30-1:30 Class
1:30-4:30 Lunch with Naomi, errands, gym
4:30-6 Rabbinic Reflection groups
6:15-7 Voice Lesson
7:45-10 Vagina Monologues Rosh Chodesh gathering
10-Midnight- Homework and Crash.

I'm tired just thinking about it. Love to everyone reading!

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a cool poster!!
i am with you on the marathon monday - just got back from my internship at Gallaudet (8-2) and now i have class (330-6) ani mmash ayefah!!!
xoxoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home