Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Two books I'm SO into right now

During the semester I hardly have any time for pleasure reading. However, I've read two amazing books- both of which I couldn't put down.

Stalking Elijah: Adventures with today's Jewish Mystical Masters by Rodger Kamenetz.
A follow up to his amazing The Jew in the Lotus that I read when I was college. If you're into JuBu's, Budhism, Spirituality, New Age Judaism, or if names like Reb Zalman, Judith Halevi, Art Green or Jonathan Omer-Man get you excited, you've found the right book. It took me a month to finish it, but that's because I started it during finals.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. My Mom brought me this over break and I have been obsessed with it ever since. In short, it's the story of a girl who was genetically created to donate her blood, bone marrow and eventually a kidney to her older sister dying of cancer. It's an intense read. I haven't finished it yet, so I can't tell you what happens next, but I'm loving the story so far.

And just for fun...my amazon wish list! (someone's birthday is coming up soon you know...)

I'll be back later tonight for a post on our Mid-Semester Colloquium. Love to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home