Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Real Life

While my blog has mostly been the highlights of my wonderful life here, I think it's only fair to also share some of the not-so-amazing stuff, the stuff of a "real" life here.

Monday night I went to sleep with an ache in my throat.

Tuesday I woke up unable to breathe out of my nose. Tuesday during the day I kept wanting to go home, but made myself make it through the day. Tuesday night I cancelled my dinner plans, loaded up on DayQuill and made myself go to choir.

Wednesday I stayed in bed. Wednesday afternoon I went to the Wolfson Medical Center (as mentioned in a former post). Dr. Levitt thought I had strep. Ran a quick strep test. Came back negative. Ran an overnight strep test and sent me home to bed.

Thursday I stayed in bed except to pick up my antibiotics when I called the lab to get my strep results: positive for non-contageous, type B strep throat.

Friday: After three doses of antibiotics and more cold medicine, vitamin C, zinc, lysine, and cough drops than one can imagine putting into their body, I was able to leave my apartment this morning for two hours- yes folks, 120 minutes, to buy school supplies, pick up laundry and eat ice cream at Dr. Lek's- my favorite ice cream place.

With more medicine and another nap, I just may be able to go to Jen's Shabbat dinner. I missed two days of school, several classes and, well, I missed home. Being sick awakens the homesick child in me, but luckily, I'm getting better and that aformentioned child, is slowly going away.

No pics, sadly, as I'm not looking all that good right now. However, you CAN see my Eilat pictures in full by clicking here! If that doesn't work, send me your email and I'll be happy to forward the pictures onto you.

Lastly, I must thank my wonderful friends who have been taking care of me since Tuesday night, calling to check on me, bringing me soft foods, taking notes for me in class and making sure I had lots to do and read while I was here. Love you all.

Hopefully Shabbat will get me back on my feet and ready for week #2 of classes! Stay well everyone... and love to all who are reading...

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kar - I hope you feel better very soon
take care of yourself!!!!
xo,
B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home