Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Tough Life, Elaborated

Vacation is hard work, let me tell you. Here is a recap of my *fabulous* Chofshi Kayitz (summer break) in Eilat. Depending if blogger will let me post all the pictures I want or not, I may have to post each day separately. We'll see.

Sunday: We got up early and walked to El Dan car rental where we rented our very cute teal automobile. This is Rena hugging the car- how cute. We got on the road about 9am and drove straight to Eilat, with just a few stops. We had a little trouble getting out of Jerusalem without taking a shortcut through the West Bank (don't worry Mom- we were in the "safe" part) We stopped at Kibbutz Lotan to drink some of their yummy chocolate milk and at a few other Kibbutzim looking for bathrooms and water. Finally around 3pm we arrived in beautiful and hot Eilat. We got to our hotel only to be informed that they were overbooked. Then the manager came out and asked if we would MIND being upgraded into their newly-renovated suites...we quickly said YES and walked upstairs to see our gorgeous suits complete with King sized beds, two balconies, an outdoor jacouzzi, two TVs and a glass shower. We later found out that these rooms usually got for $480 a night! We settled into our rooms and took a walk on the beach before heading out to Santa Fe, Eilat's premier Mexican resturant. After spending almost two months in Jerusalem, I was quickly reminded that all resturants are not kosher which some of us enjoyed greatly. We toasted the begining of our vacation with some frozen drinks- something I had been missing in J'lem! I had the closest thing to a bean burrito possible in this country and went to sleep well-fed and happy. I think it was the first time in weeks that I was in bed before midnight and didn't have to wake up at 6:45am.
It was heavenly. And Sex and the City was on as I went to sleep (with Hebrew subtitles of course!!) No one set an alarm. The hebrew word for perfect is mooshlam, a good way to describe our first day in Eilat. More to come...love to all who are wishing that they were on vacation with me. :)

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds amazing - wish I was there!!!! Can't wait to read/see more of vacation!

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to the rest of the vacation?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home