Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Being a good friend


Today I had the great opportunity to visit one of Jerusalem's premiere health facilities: Merkaz Wolfson. My friend Rena's eye was swollen. Very swollen. She's not sure what bit her, but something did, and it caused her eye to swell up like a balloon. The picture is us in the waiting room. The nice doctor who spoke English told her that she had been bitten by something and to take an antihistamine to help the swelling go down. Make sure you click on the picture to see the extent of the swelling. It's huge.

Going to Wolfon was a a great way for me to learn what to do and where to go in case I get sick. Rena's already promised to be my "dr. buddy" when I need to go. After our medical adventure we went downstairs to the Pharmacy so Rena could fill her prescription. The pharmacy is one store in a mall-like area that also has a "Mister Zol" grocery store! It's the biggest grocery store I've seen since I've been here- I bought milk and a new toothbrush. Obviously I was very excited. I almost bought a whole salmon, but decided not to go overboard.

Tonight our class went to see a model of Jerusalem from the Second Temple time period (the turn of the millennium-when "BCE" became "CE"). Tomorrow we'll go into the Old City to see what is left from that time. It should be a fun day aside from the fact that it will begin at 8am and end around 4pm. More history another time.

In other exciting news, we are having a man from "SuperGas" come to the apartment tomorrow to check our gas lines (which hasn't been checked for 6 years...eek) and assuming all is well, installing a new gas tank. Yay!

Jess comes tomorrow and the days to follow should be filled of friends, food and catching up. Can't wait.

One last thing- check out my new profile picture- its from a songsession that I led a few Shabbatot ago. (photo credit- Rose Kowel!) Love to all who are reading...

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

KRP!! Your blog is great! I only hope that mine (rosenontheroad.blogspot.com) will be as funny and entertaining as yours!! I can't seem to get a picture on my profile though!! B'ahavah, jeremy

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home