Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

A New Love

Yes folks, you heard it here first. I am in love. Again.

A few weeks ago I heard the rumor that a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf would be opening in Jerusalem. Having spent most of my life on the east coast, I didn't know that on the west coast and especially for my friends in L.A., the Coffee Bean is where it's at. Starbucks is for wimps. And to seal the deal, my great friends Julia and David bragged about to me over dinner last week about Jerusalem's newest coffee establishment.

Rachel, Rena, Deb, Edie and I studied there on Monday night. I did my chevruta learning with David there today. I may be there again before Shabbat. And I definitly plan to visit the second Shabbat ends. Yes, I'm in love.

For those who visit me regularly in the Promised Land, you may be confused as I just recently confessed my love for Cafe Hillel. But the Coffee Bean has more than just great atmosphere. Their ice blendeds make Starbucks Frapachinos look like mediocre ice and powder.

I may need to add an extra gym day to make up for the ice blendeds that I see myself consuming in the coming months.

Things I love about Jerusalem: The Ultimate Mocha Ice Blended from The Coffee Bean. A little slice of the states (and heaven).

Other things I love about Jerusalem: The weekend starts at 4:00 on Thursday.

One last thing I love about Jerusalem: Finally understanding the difference between a shva na and a shva nach. Figuring out where the taam goes. And almost making my Biblical Grammer spit out her coffee after demonstrating the proper way to say the letter "ayin."

An early Shabbat Shalom from all of us here in the Promised Land. My sof hashavua (weekend) is calling! Love to all who are reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home