Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy Birthday Rosner!!

Today is the 23rd birthday of my college roommate and dear friend Rachel Anne Rosner.

If Rachel and I were together today here is what we would do:

Wake up late.
Eat breakfast in our PJs.
Go shopping.
Eat lunch at Chipotle.
Get our nails done.
Watch Oprah, TLC and 7th Heaven.
Eat Sushi.
Watch Love Actually.
Take Traffic Light shots at Cornerstone.
Go to sleep late.
Snuggle.

But we can't be together today. Nonetheless, Rach, I hope you're having a great day! I miss you!

A quick update on me: I actually attended ALL five days of school this week including the Bibllical Grammer and Cantillation classes that I missed last week. I made up my voice lesson, went to the gym and am generally back on schedule.

Tonight at Midnight begins the birthday of another Rachel, Rachel Emma Shafran, one of my newest and most wonderful friends here in the Promised Land. Rachel will be 25 tomorrow and in honor of this milestone, we have a whole day of fun planned...but I can't spill the beans yet. You'll have to wait until after Shabbat to see the pictures and read the stories from what will go down as the best 25th birthday of all time.

Tomorrow night is our first Reform Liturgy Workshop. The RLW is an opportunity for all Rabbinic and Cantorial students to lead services for the whole class. It should be a great service- mostly because my friends Joe and Rollin are leading. Afterwards we have a potluck dinner with the class followed by a birthday party for Toby, Mel's dog- he's 10! Shabbat day I'm going to a "superhero" lunch with my new 4th year friends Debra and Edie. We were requested to wear our underwear OVER our pants. Just kidding. The lunch is for "superheros," people who helped Deb and Edie out when they first arrived in Jerusalem. Should be a blast.

The birthday fun for Rachel begins tonight at TOGO (one of our favorite bars) at 9:30- lots to do before then. Love to all who are reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home