Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Week Update

This week was really busy- I'm not sure why exactly, but it seemed like every night was later than the next. A quick recep:

Sunday: class, voice lesson, dinner and NY Orientation with Rabbi Aaron Panken, the Dean of the NY Campus. Totally overwhelming with info on classes, working, living in NY (and paying for it!), finding an apartment, whicih neighborhoods to live in, financial aid and health insurance. Yep, it was pretty overwhelming. I sort of can't really believe that I am actually moving to New York next year.

Monday: Class, Reflection Groups, dinner with Jill.

Tuesday: Class, gym, choir.

Wednesday: Israel seminar all day, a visit from Shira Z., my old youthgrouper and friend.

Thursday: class, voice lesson, meeting up with Shira and her family, lunch with Rena, food shopping, cooking for Mexican night, Mexican night with Mel and friends followed by the L Word Season 2 finale. [Thank G-d Tina finally had the baby and she and Bette are back together], drinks on Rivkin, sleep.

Today: I took my bike to school in preparation for the Ride (more to come!), went to the bank, had breakfast with Rachel, cooked tofu and vegegtables for Shabbat dinner and am now enjoying some SATC and a quiet apartment.

Shabbat is also going to be busy: tonight I'm going to HUC to see my 4th yr. friends Howie and Jen lead services and drash. I'm having dinner at Ross and Rachael's wit the other HUC riders. Tomorrow I'm going back to HUC to hear Edie's sermon and then to have lunch at her house. Post- Shabbat I'll be packing for the ride and getting a *very* good night's sleep

I am going to try and post these Purim pictures from last week AGAIN. Let's see if it works this time. [15 minutes later] Doesn't look like its going to work. Oh well.

A pre-ride post and pictures will be up next. Love to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home