Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Purim Pictures Part One





Purim was an all week party here...no seriously, Jerusalemites love to party and a holiday that commands one to "drink until you don't know the difference between Haman and Mordechi" is right up their alley. Or as my friend Mel says, "Ad-DeLow- Yodeah" Until DeLowe knows.

So Monday night, my friend Matt and all of us on the Ride4Reform team had a fundraiser/pre-Purim Party entitled, "Matt gets by with a little help from his friends." Matt has written a bunch of new music this year that he wanted to play for people- so there was a concert, dinner cooked by Rachael, drinks made by Nathaniel, a Purim Shpeal written and performed by a few of us and lots of Matt's friends who performed with him.

The first picture is of the shpeal- Howie is playing a first year and is holding a sign that says "I'm a First Year at HUC- everything is perfect and I trust the process" and I'm leading "faux" services. We got lots of laughs.

Next is me performing-- I played "What do you hear in these sounds?" by Dar Williams-- i love that song. Sean taped the whole show, so soon I will have an MP3 if you want to have a listen.

Next is David Segal as the real Texan inside him.

Finally, Matt and Jen- perhaps the most adorable couple in the world singing Babylon. Can I hear an awwwwww?

After the show, a bunch of us went to Shushan, an appropriately named club off BY street for a little Purim fun. There was drinking, dancing and a whole lot of Purim festivities. Certainly a night to remember.

Part two to come...

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun.
I miss Shushan :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home