Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Feeling like a grownup




Last night was one of the nights of the Israel Wine Festival taking place at the Israel Museum. For 45 NIS (less than $10) we got a wine glass and as much wine as we could taste PLUS access to the museum's beautiful sculpture garden and and galleries. My roommate Lauren and I headed over around 8 and met up with a bunch of our friends including those in the pictures: Lauren and Me, Elana and
Me and Mel and Rena.

The funny thing about the night is that the vendors really wanted people to taste and then BUY the wine, but for most of us, we're not in a position to be dropping $100 or $250 on a bottle of wine, no matter how good it is! But I did feel like a grownup as I tried to discuss the particular "nuttiness" of a certain Pino Noir with one of the vendors (in Hebrew!) I think I'm better off just drinking it and letting the experts discuss it.

And now Lauren and I have 4 new, nice wine glasses- free wine, new glasses, time with friends and the last day of ulpan for the week? Life is pretty sweet, or semi-dry, however you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home