Perolman in the Promised Land

adventures in hummus, hebrew, traveling, new friends, Rabbinics, guitar and weblogging.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pictures and mini-update

Here are some pictures from my weeks in Israel so far:

First off, from our trip to Tel Aviv last week: on the left, future Rabbis Rose Kowel and Karen Perolman. On the right, myself and future Rabbi Jen Gertman.




From last Shabbat's "wine and cheese and shmooze with alumni" event
On the left are future Rabbis Miriam Terlinchamp, Joseph Skloot and Neil Hirsch. On the right, future Rabbis Joe Skloot, Rachel Shafran, Matt Soffer and Rose Kowel




No, not all my friends are Rabbis. Some of them are going to be Cantors and Educators too. I wanted to post more, however, the internet is being slow and not wanting to post my pictures. For now, enjoy those and I'll work on getting some more up soon.

I'm off to use the swanky gym at the David Citadel hotel (HUC students get a discount) and then off to the Israel Museum for a 45 NIS ($10) wine-tasting. Day three of ulpan was great and I'm working on finding a chevruta (learning partner) to start doing some out-of-the-classroom Jewish learning. Thought for the day (from Rabbi Na'amah Kelman): Trust the process. You can't learn everything today. Word of the day: duvdivanim- cherries! Israel has great cherries and they are dirt-cheap compared to what I remember paying at the Whole Foods in New Jersey. Song of the hour: Sara Bareilles, "Gravity." Movie I'm wishing I could watch right now: Kissing Jessica Stein. Thanks for all the emails and comments- keep 'em coming!

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen - it is amazing to read your posts - it sounds like your time in Israel is off to a great start! Your Shabbat experience made me want to jump on the plane and join you! Miss you lots honey - keep those posts coming! :-) (I look forward to reading them!!! and keep posting those Hebrew words!!!) xo,Barb

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home